We as Ferre Appliances are commitment to protect individual and
corporate information as per the POPI act (“POPI” means the Protection of personal
information Act, 4 of 2013) when you visit our website when you use our website provide
us with personal information in any other way in the process of engaging with our
Your personal information
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our business, and communicating with you.
- E-mail Communications: In the process of communicating with customers, potential customers, third party operations and service providers often personal information and contact details are shared. In this process we will ensure to comply with this law, will never share or sell your information and will destroy the information when now longer required or if requested by you.
- We also use a number of sub-contractors, third parties and affiliates to process your personal information on our behalf (“Operators”) and where we do so, we will ensure compliance with the law.
Special personal information:
We will only process special personal information when: –
- there is a lawful basis;
- on public interest grounds; or
- where it is publicly available.
Special information is the following:
- your religious or philosophical beliefs, race or ethnic origin, trade union membership, political persuasion, health, sexual orientation or biometric information; or
- any criminal investigation or ongoing legal proceedings against you.
- Any physical client records and files are kept under lock and key and the premises are safeguarded with an alarm system.
- We use technology controls for our IS/IT Systems, such as firewalls, user verification, strong data encryption, and separation of roles, systems and data.
- We utilise industry “good practice” standards to support the maintenance of a robust information security management system.
- We further enforce a “need to know” policy, for access to any data or systems.
Retention of personal information
- We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you Consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
- We may also retain your personal information to the extent and duration that we have a Legitimate Interest to Process your personal information depending on, amongst others, the nature and lifespan of the services or products purchased from us.
- We will, upon your request, destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control, save for that which we are legally obliged to retain.
Sharing of information
We may share or transfer your personal information as follows or as otherwise described in this Statement –
- with suppliers, service providers, consultants, subcontractors and other vendors who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf. Any such parties only have access to such information as is necessary to perform their functions and may not use it for any purpose other than to provide services to us;
- any suppliers, service providers, consultants, subcontractors and other vendors will act on our instructions and be contractually bound to take all reasonable steps to secure your personal information;
- in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation; and
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of our assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company (we will request a purchaser to treat our data under the privacy statement in place at the time of its collection).
Cross Border Information Transfers
Where Ferre Appliances transfers personal information about you to a company outside of South Africa, we will ensure that –
- the company receiving the information is subject to a law, binding corporate rules or binding agreement which provides an adequate level of protection of your personal information;
- we obtain your Consent if need be; or
- there is a contractual necessity/obligation to transfer the personal information.
- Further information on these rights can be found at the Information Regulator’s website at https://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg.
- Where we rely on Consent as the legal basis on which we Process your personal information, you may also withdraw that Consent at any time.
Who To Contact In Case Of Concerns
- Ferre Appliances has designated an Information Officer who shall be responsible for –
- the administration of this statement and ensuring the lawful processing of personal information by ourselves;
- dealing with requests made to Ferre Appliances for access to personal information held by us;
- liaising with local regulators; and
- providing training to our employees.
- Should you wish to raise any questions, concerns, possible violations, and reportable conditions, please contact our Information Officer at – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keeping You Informed About Our Products And Services
- We would like to tell you about the great offers, ideas, products and services we have for you from time to time. Where we have your Consent or it is in our Legitimate Interests to do so, we may contact you via email, text message, telephone, online advertising or any other electronic means.
- We may also ask you to participate in surveys via our marketing channels which you may opt out of at any time. Please take note that it may take a while for all marketing communications to stop once you have either withdrawn your Consent or opted out. This is because some marketing may have been identified as relevant to your interests and may already be in transit at the time of withdrawal of Consent or opting out.
- You may also subscribe to our newsletter, at a time we offer this, to stay updated on our latest products and services. Please note that we also Process personal information provided by you in connection with the newsletter registration (e.g. name and email address, etc.) for the purposes of staying in touch with you and making sure you don’t miss any updates.
Consequences Of Non Compliance
Ferre Appliances reserves the right to exercise any appropriate form of legal action against any party which may cause us harm and/or damages by way of non compliance with this Statement. Parties also risk statutory penalties.
This Statement is subject to review and amendment without prior notice. However, Ferre Appliances undertakes to ensure that any amendments are communicated on our publicly available platforms such as our website, for the benefit of our customers, suppliers, service providers and any other persons who may be affected by this Statement.
If you have any questions about this Statement, our treatment of your personal information or you wish to exercise any of your rights please address an email to email@example.com.
Ferre Appliances, Unit 24, 7 Alternator Avenue, Alternator Park, Montague Gardens, Cape Town, 7441. Tel: 021 951 1713.
Disclaimer: Product images might vary slightly from the manufactured product. Please feel comfortable to ask us any questions.
Pricing may change without notice due to the Rand exchange rate.